Senior Product Designer – Fintech
Department: Design, UX & Brand
We're looking for a versatile Senior Product Designer to lead design in one of our product teams, helping to shape the future of our SME financial platform. Whichever team you join, the impact and scope of this role are huge, and you’ll be a key contributor to our continued success. Your work here will shape the way that members interact with their finances, to help them grow and give them time back to do what they love.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with developers, data scientists, product owners, and UX research to build, ship, and create a world-class SME financial platform.
We're keen to ensure we're creating a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Leading design for a product area. This includes driving the future vision of this area, making sure it complements a cohesive overall Tide experience, delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
- Embedding a cross-functional product team, responsible for all design artefacts produced; from initial discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI design details informed by our design system.
- Understanding the members you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports, or running your own research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why, and how of the problems you're solving to ensure we create products that save our members time and money.
- Collaborating regularly using solid communication, documentation, and facilitation skills.
- Working to make sure your team isn't just shipping great designs, but they are deeply involved throughout the design thinking process end to end.
- Executing (and advocating for) polished, intuitive, and accessible user experiences. You're pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- Helping to raise the bar for design at Tide. We're a small but mighty team of Tideans where every designer plays a critical role in improving our community of practice—whether that's through improving our craft skills to leading rituals to giving great feedback.
- Working to help make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You've led the design of world-class product launches in a fast-growing company before.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs.
- You make well-reasoned design decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- You're passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you'll design with all our users in mind.
- You care about the details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture, and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- You're passionate about sharing your knowledge and raising the bar for design practice at Tide. Previous experience mentoring designers is a big plus as we’re growing fast!
- You understand that writing is designing, you're a confident writer, and the copy on your screens is never an afterthought. We also have UX writers to help you grow your skills and pitch in on your work as well.
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your development with 20,000INR for professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.