Senior Product Manager – Card Issuing (Germany Market)
We're looking for a brilliant Senior Product Manager worked on Germany market to join Tide’s Cards Team as we build a world class payments and cards experience and solve our customers’ most important problems. We want someone that is excited to join a rapidly growing scale up that is and play a key role in our expansion into the German market.
You’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
You’ll become a core part of Tide’s Payments Services team. You will work directly with a development team and collaborate with your payments and cards team members and other teams across Tide. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying the key problems for us to solve to improve the customer experience related to Card issuance, activation, card acceptance and card management for the German market.
Your further responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Defining and owning the roadmap of the Cards features you own.
- Working alongside designers, developers and marketers to build and ship new features and improvements to existing features.
- Building a strong understanding of how Tide members use non-banking payments services in Germany and Europe and discovering how Tide can make this simpler and more efficient for them.
- Interacting with our German and international partners and collaborating with internal teams to drive delivery success.
- Assessing opportunities, understanding behaviour, testing hypotheses with data analysis.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have at least 7 years experience managing software projects from development through to shipping in a product role both on the frontend and backend side.
- You understand German market and are able to identify market opportunities
- You have great written and verbal German and English skills
- You have a deep technical understanding of issuer transaction processes and the card lifecycle.
- You have previous experience working at an issuer processor
- You have previous experience working directly with Visa and Mastercard
- You’re aware of the operational impact of products and can work internally to ensure post-launch success.
- You have to work in a fast moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch.
- You have a thrill from doing what’s required to push projects to completion – you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty removing blockers, working with suppliers, and finding ways around issues as they arise.
- You are thinking about communication and presenting reasoning in a structured manner, and know when to use data but also its limits.
- You’re interested in what we’re trying to build here at Tide, for more information look at Tide.co
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.