Senior Product Manager – ML/Transaction Monitoring
At Tide our product Teams are Global. You will report directly to the Lead Product Manager for Ongoing Monitoring and be part of a small team focusing on global systems. You’ll work within the Ongoing Monitoring team, which is a core part of Tide’s First Line of Defence, and is responsible for monitoring our members behaviour and transactions for any suspicious activity or financial crime.
As a member of the team you’ll be working closely with the KYC and Financial Crime teams to research, build, ship and improve features. You will be responsible for elements of the product journey and work with senior stakeholders such as the Head of KYC, Head of FC and VP of Operations to ensure the needs of the business are met. You’ll be building best-in-class systems and controls, helping automate processes and checks where possible, and thinking creatively about products for transaction monitoring and risk. You will have plenty of opportunities to collaborate with our regional teams and build amazing products around the world.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with users and industry experts, and encourage action over deliberation.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Focusing on a key area for Transaction Monitoring success at Tide: Transaction Screening/Monitoring in Acquiring, Card and/or Bank transactions or Risk Modelling and Decisioning
- Contributing to the strategy for making your focus area best-in-class, balancing member interests with regulatory requirements across the domestic and international landscape (Fraud, Sanctions, AML)
- Working with Product Managers on how monitoring should be applied to new features , Heads of Ongoing Monitoring and Financial Crime, VP of Member Operations, VP of Risk & Compliance, Data Scientists, Developers, Designers and Marketers to research, build, ship and improve Tide’s capabilities
- Defining the scope of new projects leveraging Robotics Process Automation/ Machine Learning methods
- Creating detailed requirements, refine epics & user stories and prioritise the backlog
- Owning end-to-end delivery of new features and improvements to existing features
- Raising concerns about the technical product design that could put the stability and resiliency of the business at risk
- Delivering a smooth customer experience by ensuring seamless processes (automated and manual)
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- Special Dental Allowance
- Learning & Development Budget
- 25 Annual leaves
- Family & Friendly Leaves
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 7+ years of experience into product management/development
- You have 2-3 years experience in analyzing and implementing highly successful and innovative processes/products in Transaction Monitoring, Fraud, AML or similar
- You have at least 3 years experience working with agile/scrum delivery teams
- You have technical knowledge and experience with API-based products
- You are organised and pragmatic, we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You have experience working with 3rd party providers
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You are a self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, you know how to multi-task and get things done
- You are excited with the idea of building products that have never been built before
- You have an understanding of and familiarity with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) domain and tools
- No compliance expertise is required, but through your past work will have awareness of successfully implementing compliant processes
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.