Senior Product Owner, Business Services
Employment Type: Full-time
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
As a Senior Product Owner within our Business Services team, you’ll play a crucial role within Tide’s product team – working alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with senior developers, data scientists, designers and marketers to research, build, ship and improve the product.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and ambitious product professional to play a pivotal part in our growth story. Tide has ambitious plans to change how small businesses are run, making the unfamiliar and productivity-sapping processes associated with running a business much simpler and less time consuming. We’re after a product professional who can define a vision for our tax and payroll products, executing them effectively.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Owning and independently defining the vision for a significant area of the product around tax, payroll and accounting.
- Assessing market opportunities, taking products to market and driving product marketing.
- Act as the “go to person” for a topic, building a knowledge on industry developments, competitive position and regulatory changes.
- Building a deep understanding of how our members run their businesses and the challenges they face.
- End to end ownership over the delivery of new features and improvements to existing features.
Working with the VP Business Services, you will additionally be relied upon for direction-setting and to play a meaningful role in Tide’s Product Community of Practice.
- You’ve spent at least five years in product development, with experience specifically in small business financial admin practices such as tax, accounting and payroll.
- You have shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing business where the core of the business was a technical product.
- You’re a natural analyst. When presented with a problem your first instinct is to get your hands on the data.
- You’re a product evangelist: obsessed with the end user, well-versed in product research practices and are willing to share your knowledge with other product owners.
- You’re organised and pragmatic, capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch.
The highly desirables:
- Formal accountancy qualifications
- Product marketing experience
- Experience running your own business
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we have over 150,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.