Senior Solutions Architect
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Senior Solutions Architect at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will be working on projects using a blend of creative thinking, applying real-world engineering principles, communicating solutions, coaching and collaboration.
Supporting multiple scrum teams and PO’s as a Senior Solution Architect you will be an evangelist for designs, patterns & practices through coaching, mentoring and training. Working collaboratively with teams on discovering user needs and assessing technical feasibility. We’re after a champion of quality and who can simplify complex integrations.
We’re looking for a future thinker who can recommend new platforms, approaches, tools and technologies. You’ll also be able to spot when to partner with other providers and when to innovate in-house.
Finally, as we are scaling, you’ll help build and shape the Architecture function, helping to establish and actively participate in the Architecture Community of Practice, sometimes taking the lead. You’ll contribute to long-term architecture strategy and drive key design decisions, working with DevOps and Engineering heads to find better ways of building and supporting our product.
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
The Tide technology radar looks a little something like this. Day-to-day we’ve already adopted Java 11+, Spring, microservices, REST, gRPC, Swift, Kotlin, Python, Angular, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Aurora and AWS. As part of our continuous improvement we’re currently trialling Fargate, lambdas, serverless, micro frontends & web components. Looking further ahead we’re also assessing our future use of Kafka, Kubernetes, AsyncAPI and stream processing. Lastly we’ve put on hold our use of AngularJS, Java 8 and Amazon ECS because they’re either end-of-life or no longer fit our needs.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- At least 3 years experience as a Solutions Architect or as a technical leader involved in setting architectural strategy
- Keen to work as an architect in an agile process
- Confident and clear communicator with technical and non-technical partners, justifying your ideas and open to changing your mindset during collaboration
- Pragmatic when it comes to reusing, buying or building software and finding incremental ways to move in the right direction
The highly desirables:
- Originally from a hands-on development background before moving to solution architecture
- Worked on large-scale applications supporting millions of customers on mobile and web
- API-led, event-driven and microservice architectures
- Cloud platform(s) and containers
- Nice to have: stream processing, machine learning and big data technologies
With over 85,000 members, we’re the leading SME challenger bank in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.
About the Perks
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- Flexible working
- Vitality Healthcare, including discounted gym and even free cinema tickets!
- Mental wellbeing – we take this seriously. You will have access to unlimited access to CBT and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
- Paid volunteering and charity work days – get paid for giving back with organisations of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Sabbatical leave
- Extra holiday buy-ins