Senior Support Engineer
Department: Production Support
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
As a Senior Support Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you would be working closely with the front line teams and the Agile delivery teams, in order to deliver a responsive, efficient and reliable support service to ensure our members have the best experience possible. You’ll investigate production issues, facilitate escalations and suggest workarounds. You’ll ensure software bugs are confirmed before assigning business areas for prioritisation. You’ll find yourself leading escalations and process improvements, as well as mentoring the other Support Engineers. You’ll find yourself automating back office tasks and reporting to reduce our reliance on manual activities.
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide possible. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where Backend, iOS, Android, Web, QA, architects, DevOps, Agile coaches, Data experts and Product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
In the wider tech community at Tide our Backend teams use Java 11+ microservices to provide RESTful APIs to Android, iOS and Angular-based web front ends.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You’ll have an excellent working experience of:
1. RESTful APIs and Web Services
2. RDBMS, specifically MySQL
3. Troubleshooting backend, web and mobile applications.
- You’ll have solid experience supporting and developing Python code, in order to script common support and operational tasks;
- You’ll be experienced in leading/owning incident investigations, collaborating with technical engineers, third parties and business teams in order to resolve complex problems;
- You’ll have an analytical mind and excel at solving problems, collaborating with the other technical and non-technical teams to arrive at the right solution;
- You’ll be comfortable managing competing priorities and escalations, ensuring issues are understood and owned until their conclusion;
- You’ll have excellent communication and reporting skills; to technical and non-technical team members;
- You’ll be comfortable representing the team with senior management as required;
- You’ll support the constant changes and improvements being driven across the company to develop and improve our services;
- You’ll participate in the out of hours on-call rota, ensuring that urgent issues are responded to, escalated and addressed effectively, and in line with policy and process.
The highly desirables:
- You’ll have developed and implemented service monitoring and alerting processes and tools;
- You’ll be experienced working with AWS and in Unix/Linux environments;
- You’ll have worked extensively with Jira and Confluence tools, and be experienced in using customer ticketing systems.
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits.
About the Perks
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.