Senior Support Engineer (Payment Services)
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Senior Support Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you’ll work closely with front line support and Agile delivery teams to provide fast and reliable support for our members. You’ll investigate production issues, facilitate escalations and suggest workarounds. You’ll ensure software bugs are confirmed before assigning business areas for prioritisation.
You’ll find yourself leading escalations and process improvements, as well as mentoring support engineers. You’ll find yourself automating back office tasks and reporting to reduce our reliance on manual activities.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll have strong working experience with RESTful APIs, web services and databases to troubleshoot backend, web and mobile applications
- You’ll have strong automation skills to script common support and operational tasks, you’ll be experienced with working in AWS and Unix/ Linux environments
- You’ll have an analytical mind and be driven by solving problems, you’ll be effective at communication and reporting to technical and non-technical team members
- You’ll have experience of leading escalated issues, collaborating with technical engineers to resolve complex problems
- You’ll be familiar with onboarding, mentoring and managing people across remote offices, and serving teams from different business areas
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.