Senior UX Researcher
Department: Design, UX & Brand
We’re looking for a bright, talented senior UX Researcher who is passionate about customer experience and doing world-class research that delivers impactful insights.
You’ll be joining a new and scaling Research team. This means you’ll be able to make an impact from day one, collaborating on everything from planning studies and running fieldwork, to helping shape ways of working and research best practices across the company.
Your focus will be to own end-to-end UX research projects at Tide, delivering high-quality studies that help grow the business by assuring the quality of our user experience. Our cross-functional ways of working mean you’ll be collaborating across the whole company, interacting with product designers, other researchers, product managers, data scientists, and others to shape the way our members interact with their finances on a daily basis.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Managing multiple, cross-functional strategic projects at once
- Proactively suggesting and managing long-tail research projects
- Introducing new methodologies and evangelizing ways of working to the discipline and company
- Mentoring and/or managing researchers
- Collaborating on externally commissioned research, occasionally acting as project lead
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid leave
- Additional Family friendly leaves
- Learning and Development budget for trainings of 40,000 yearly
- Family Medical Insurance
- Life & Accidental Insurance
- Flexible working options
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Practical, in-depth knowledge of qualitative and quantitative mixed methods, including usability testing, surveys, interviews, desk research, tree testing, card sorting, etc.
- Experience in practicing and experimenting with Human-centered design research methods
- Managing high paced projects, including a mixture of independent contribution and delegation
- Expertise in facilitating collaboration and input with non-expert stakeholders
- Aptitude for crafting presentations and reports with high quality of writing and data visualization
- Highly collaborative approach to working with internal and external teams
- Experience implementing improvements to research ways of working
- Thirst for self-improvement.
- Experience working with fast-paced digital product teams
- Proficient knowledge of A/B testing and analytics
- Effective project planning and resource management, including the ability to balance conflicting priorities and meaningfully align to company objectives
- Experience with leading external research
- Experience in retail banking or other retail financial services
- Experience working on a consumer-facing applications
- Previous experience managing researchers is a big plus as we’re growing fast
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech's in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.