Senior Visual Designer
Department: Design, UX & Brand
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Visual Designer to drive creative output across a range of projects – with a strong pedigree in visual design and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences, campaign work across print and digital and motion graphics.
We want Senior Designers who know how to express their ideas clearly and confidently. Senior Designers who can provide direction and leadership to more junior designers, to scope design phases of projects accurately and efficiently, along with running workshops and attending industry events as required. You know how to keep focus and channel other designers' awesome talent toward the end goal while challenging yourself and the work produced.
As a Senior Visual Designer at Tide, you keep visual design initiatives moving forward for our brand. You should have an incredible drive to produce visual work that’s at the forefront of what’s happening in digital media. You should be ready to present work to VPs and stakeholders that represent Tide at all stages of engagement.
Tide is a daily part of the lives of more than 350,000 members and business owners already, and your work here will help shape the way that members interact with their finances, to help them grow, and give them time back to do what they love.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product professionals, and hand-in-hand with product designers, developers, marketing, and social teams to ship and create world-class branded experiences and communications.
We're keen to ensure we're creating a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Occasional traveling to our offices in Sofia and/or London is expected post-pandemic.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- You’ll have a strong desire to define the look and feel of what is next in visual and interaction design and an interest in the latest design trends, technology, and social media.
- You’ll work to understand business goals and communications needs, then help plan, develop, and deliver clear, relevant creative that brings the two together.
- You'll work with senior stakeholders to help them understand communication problems, collaborating to find solutions, and delivering great outputs.
- Facilitating workshops and leading meetings, collaborating successfully with cross-functional peers and teams to develop concepts.
- You'll be supporting embedded cross-functional marketing and product teams, responsible for our brand and communication artifacts; from initial discovery through to the execution of final crafted designs informed by our brand guidelines.
- Collaborating regularly using solid communication, documentation, and facilitation skills across the business to evangelize design.
- Challenging yourself and the team on how we work, helping to adopt new practices and tools.
- Helping to raise the bar for design at Tide. We're a small but mighty team of Tideans where everyone plays a critical role in improving our community of practice—whether that's through improving our craft skills to leading rituals to giving great feedback.
- You'll work to help make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’re highly conceptual in both visual design and communications, as well as having a solid understanding of what it takes to craft and deliver great work that progresses our brand.
- A person who will help foster the great creative culture and the talent we have at Tide. We have amazing designers—help them get even better.
- A broad portfolio of work, covering web, mobile, brand, campaign and motion/video.
- A few years of experience in a start-up, agency, studio, or in-house role focused on creating brand and marketing communications.
- A great attitude – We value our creative talent tremendously and show it, but we operate a prima-donna free work zone.
- You know the technical side of production for web design, print, digital media, motion graphics, and video
- You work best as part of a team collaborating with social media teams, external agencies, performance marketers, engineers, and other designers.
- You take ownership and need minimal oversight.
- You can communicate effectively, regardless of the audience.
- You’re a pro in the tools we use (or similar) Figma, Invision, Adobe CS.
- You have experience with design systems, components, and style guides.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company stock options
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who can juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.