Senior Web Engineer
As a Web Engineer at Tide, you’ll report directly to the People Manager and Head of Web Engineering (Functional) and work in a team of highly skilled Web engineers.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
As a part of this team,
- You will be learning and sharing knowledge with our engineers on new things often, as we believe in experimentation, T-shaped engineering and collaborative learning for career growth.
- You will be working on our new and existing products for our Business Areas. We have an exciting roadmap with brand new features and we will need you to solve interesting problems
- You will have the opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your experience connecting with less experienced engineers, collaborating and cheering together
- Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will work together with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions
- You will ideally join our Web and Flutter Community of Practices, and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome
Career progression is as important to us as it is for you, and we, therefore, have put in place a Tide Growth Framework to guide you. With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire
Our company is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, that fosters cooperation in everything we do. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a supportive and rapidly expanding company!
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days annual paid leave and additional days off on national holidays in Poland
- Competitive compensation package
- Company stock options
You’ll be a great fit if you have
- Working experience with Web as a Sofware Engineer
- Solid experience in Angular2+, RxJS, and NgRx
- Solid experience in using testing tools such as Jest and Cypress or similar
- Passionate about building great products in small, autonomous, agile teams
- A passion for automation tests and experience writing testable code
- Experience building sleek, high-performance user interfaces and complex Web apps that successfully shipped to customers
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
This is a remote position but at this point we're only considering applications from Poland.