Senior Web Engineer
As a Web Senior Engineer at Tide, you’ll report directly to the People Manager and Head of Web Engineering (Functional) and work in a team of highly skilled Web engineers. You will be working alongside experienced engineers and product professionals and collaborate with senior engineers, data scientists and designers to build, ship and improve the Tide product. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
We are in the process of migrating from a WordPress setup for our marketing site Web experience to a JAMStack architecture with Contentful as the content layer, and Angular as the application layer. We will need to support the WordPress setup in the interim and as such, experience with WordPress technologies such as PHP is highly desirable.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working on our new and existing functionality for our Marketing site experience. We have a busy roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems.
- Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- Joining our Web Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 3+ years of industry experience, in which at least 2 of them on Web Development
- You have solid experience in Angular (2+), RxJS, and NgRx
- You have solid experience in using testing tools such as Jest and Cypress or similar
- You have an understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, Design Patterns and Web architecture
- You have a good grasp of RESTFul Web services
- You have experience with version control, pull requests and code reviews
- You understand Version Control with GIT experience
- You have experience with Agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban and tools such as JIRA
- You have strong Performance Optimisation skills i.e. Ability to identify performance bottlenecks in the the API and Client layer, and solutions to mitigate them
- You have strong R&D skills i.e. Ability to identify and research the best technology for solving a problem
- You are comfortable working with legacy code whilst proactive at pushing technology approach and choice forward
- You have a good understanding of UI/UX concepts and application development lifecycle
- You are proactive and have strong communication skills
- You have a lifelong learning mindset and are open to learning and working with other technologies
- You stay up to date with programming best practices and new technology trends
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your professional development with 40,000INR for L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.