Senior Web Engineer (Angular 2+)
As a Senior Web Engineer at Tide, you’ll report directly to the People Manager and Head of Web Engineering (Functional) and work in a team of highly skilled Web engineers. You will be collaborating with experienced backend and mobile developers, designers and product professionals to build, ship and improve the Tide product. The role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
This is a remote position but at this point we're only considering applications from Romania. Occasional traveling to our office in Sofia is expected post-pandemic.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working on our new and existing products for our Business Areas . We have a busy roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems.
- Going to be the person who less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality.
- Contributing to development as a hands on coder
- Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
- Contributing to our Web Community of Practice and providing your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome.
You’ll be a great fit if you have :
- 4+ years of Web (Angular) Development
- Solid background in using Angular2+, RxJS, and NgRx
- Extensive experience in using testing tools such as Jest and Cypress or similar. Experience in code reviewing, and writing tests.
- Understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns and Mobile architecture.
- A good grasp of RESTFul web services.
- Knowledge of JIRA, version control (GIT) & CI/CD knowledge.
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience working in an Agile setting – Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Comfortable working with legacy code whilst proactive at pushing technology approach and choice forward. You're open to learning and working with other technologies.
- Experience with highly modularised applications.
- You are well-versed in IT security, with a good understanding of security best practices for mobile app development
- Created or worked on highly-rated apps with a large number of downloads.
- Are experienced in Functional Reactive Programming and Pair Programming
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days annual paid leave + days off on national Romanian holidays
- Family-friendly leave and additional volunteering time off
- We invest in your development with a professional L&D annual budget
- Additional benefits coverage allowance
- WFH equipment allowance (fixed one-time amount)
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.