Senior Web Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
You, as a Senior Web Engineer and member of this team, would be working on our new and existing projects for our onboarding, credit, payments, business services, member engagement or technology areas. We have five years roadmap ahead of us with exciting new features and we’ll need you to solve interesting problems. You will be the person who less experienced engineers turn to when seeking advice and the one that ensures that things get done with a professional seal of quality. Joining one of our expanding multi-disciplinary agile teams, you will be required to work closely with product owners, UI/UX designers, architects, engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions.
You will ideally join our Web Community of Practice and your input on how to improve processes and maintain high quality across the team will be very welcome. Career progression is as important to us as it is for you! With our expanding teams and business, we will encourage you to outgrow your initial responsibilities, if you so desire. This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
About the Tech
Technology and our people is what makes Tide tick. We work in autonomous, cross-functional teams where backend, iOS, Android, web, QA, architects, DevOps, agile coaches, data experts and product owners solve difficult problems together to get the job done. We self-organise and discuss technical challenges and set our own guidelines in the different Community of Practices.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- A passion for quality and attitude for learning new tech
- Have a thorough knowledge of clean architecture
- Take ownership of your own work from planning through delivery
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests
- Understanding of reactive programming patterns
- Experience mentoring other junior Web engineers
- A passion to share knowledge by doing pair programming
- Exposure to continuous integration, delivery and deployment
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Making contributions to the Web Development community, through open source projects, blog posts or public talks
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits:
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.