Department: Marketing Member Engagement
Employment Type: Full-time
As a Senior Writer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team, you will be working on delivering unique, engaging and newsworthy stories and content for the SME space. You will be data driven to identify trends and opportunities as well as a passionate self-starter to unearth stories to position Tide as the SME champion. You will work with the Head of Community and the PR team to curate and deliver the best content and stories for our existing members, but will be cross-functional for the PR and marketing teams to talk to a wider audience and drive new members. We want to become the most loved business banking app for SMEs.
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You must be knowledgeable and passionate about the SME sector
- Customer experience oriented – Focus on delivering the best, most engaging content for SMEs
- Proven success of writing content that has driven engagement
- Analytical to monitor and optimise stories and content
- Creative copywriting across multiple formats – including blogs, whitepapers, infographics, insight reports, interviews, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Experience interviewing, transcribing and creating a finished product
- Reviewing, amending and approving other content where necessary
- Working and communication alongside multiple teams, specifically the PR team
- Familiar with industry trends and competition, identify strategic opportunities
- Managing external relationships where needed alongside the PR team
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Adaptable, able to grow with the role, work with different people and be flexible
- Turn technical information into simple, compelling messaging & content
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS tools
- Working cross-department and with data to unearth stories/content from around the business
The highly desirables:
- Experience in Fin-tech, a start-up or fast growing company
- Experience working in subscription and/or app-based business models
- Robust communication. Self-assured, driven, able to make decisions and take responsibility for them as well as great Teamwork skills
- Able to communicate with different audiences, internally and externally
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.