Software Tooling Engineer – Cloud
As a Tools & Automation Engineer at Tide. You’ll be an experienced software engineer who is comfortable with a broad selection of languages and tools – including ones you may not have used before. We are looking for an integrator and an Automator, joining systems and tools together in new ways to get amazing results.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building and improving tools to make Tide’s engineers in Infrastructure, Mobile, Web and API development more efficient
- Finding problem areas in Tide’s CI/CD pipelines and making them faster
- Automating operational work to ensure Tide’s systems run smoothly and without human intervention wherever possible.
- Working with technical product owners and agile coaches to understand bottlenecks in our engineering processes and find technical solutions.
- Building rapid prototypes and gathering quick feedback.
- Helping to break down big problems into solvable chunks.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have had demonstrable exposure to infrastructure, cloud or DevOps work.
- You are comfortable building basic web-based UIs in using frameworks like React or Angular.
- You have experience with languages like Java, Python, Go or NodeJS… but you’re happy picking up any tool.
- You care about making tools that are easy to use, effective and easy to maintain.
- You have experience working in agile environments (scrum or kanban)
- You are a self starter who is comfortable reading and understanding documentation, getting stuck into a problem and turning out a quick prototype.
- You are able to decompose big problems into solvable chunks, and deliver full solutions incrementally.
- You have technical knowledge and experience with API-based products
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- We invest in your development with 20,000INR for professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
- Share Options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.