Talent Acquisition Operations Manager
Department: People & Culture
We are looking for a data-driven Talent Acquisition Operations Manager who will bring a combination of experience, knowledge and creativity to support our continuous growth. You will enable the smooth operations of our global Talent Acquisition team and the provision of best-in-class candidate experience. You will have an opportunity to help shape the strategic direction of how recruiting is done at Tide, using data and analytics to optimise how we attract, source, recruit, interview, onboard and more. You will manage a team of coordinators to support our talent partners and provide a delightful experience for every candidate.
You’ll be hands-on and self-motivated, someone who is very familiar with the end-to-end candidate lifecycle. You’ll be working on all things recruitment-related, implementing new processes and improving existing ones. A people-focused and results-driven individual, you’ll also be able to bring the projects to life whilst supporting our day-to-day talent partner needs.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring the smooth running of Talent Acquisition operations and processes, including applicant tracking and interview coordination software administration, interview coordination, data integrity, dashboards, monthly metrics and reporting
- Managing the talent coordinators and building operational process efficiencies to deliver a high-quality candidate experience
- Along with our Communications and People Partner teams, refining and deploying our employment branding strategy to provide an authentic view of our culture, opportunities and teams
- Designing and building reporting dashboards so that our managers, recruiters, finance team, and leadership can get the information they need quickly and in a digestible and actionable format
- Improving our self-service by creating guidance, toolkits and workflows for key processes, educating and training the business
- Cleansing and auditing to make sure we hold accurate data, you will act as the guardian of data integrity.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 5+ years of talent acquisition experience with 2+ years of management experience preferably in a fast-growing scale-up environment
- You have 3+ years of experience as a consultant, analyst, operations analyst or operations manager
- You are a strategic thinker with analytical skills and experience partnering with leadership on recruiting strategy and hiring initiatives.
- You are self-directed, detailed oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience in developing and improving processes
- You are organised, efficient and able to prioritise effectively. You enjoy making to-do lists and calendaring.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You are customer-focused and a team player
- You are resilient, willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it's solved
- You have some familiarity with Greenhouse, BambooHR, Workday and GoodTime.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.