Technical Content Writer
Department: Member Support
In today’s global, interconnected, and highly dynamic world, having effective communication and driving the right message is paramount. Your role at Tide will be crucial in making sure everything runs smoothly from a content perspective. To that end, you will need to have a well-rounded and diverse background to cultivate the right approach in various interdisciplinary tasks.
Having a keen understanding and history of working in the information technology and services industry would be required for this role. This is due to the fact that one of your main tasks will be to capture and improve upon the existing Know-How within the company. As a technical writer, you will need to effectively collaborate with various different areas within the business, interview colleagues, and collect information. Being able to do effective research on various topics, improving existing documentation and process flow from a communication perspective will be critical. The end result of your efforts should be to condense and transform this information into digestible and scalable content for the whole department.
Another important domain within your role would be to own the area’s Confluence space. Maintaining Member Services’ knowledge base and making sure that everything is up-to-date would be your secondary priority. In a fast-paced environment with a lot of changes, it’s critical as a technical writer to make sure that our teams and agents are up to speed with all the process optimizations and new features being rolled out. A continuous cycle that requires constant work – documenting and improving upon existing content will be a must. It goes without saying that capturing new Know-How should be a vital part of your duties.
A solid part of this process is reviewing, monitoring, and challenging existing models to identify shortfalls in the service and implement changes that lead to improvement. A versatile interdisciplinary approach will be required from you in order to successfully achieve these tasks.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Know-How capturing, keeping materials and overall knowledge base up to date.
- Transforming content into a more easily digestible form to a wider audience.
- Assisting with our LMS training platform – keeping training materials up to date, improving upon existing courses, accounting upon shortfalls, and writing new training content.
- Monitoring and improving communication that agents send to members.
- Improving upon existing FAQs, macros, and similar components sent to customers.
- Having experience as a JIRA administrator or previous experience using JIRA would be considered a plus.
- Having previous experience using Confluence would be considered desirable.
- In charge of the department’s newsletter – creating a monthly feature for the department in order to drive visibility over the area’s achievements, challenges, and roadblocks to the wider company.
- Detecting shortfalls and capitalizing on opportunities within the department to drive a meaningful change from content or communications perspective.
- Content creation that can be utilized in various different projects.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve spent at least three years in a content creation role within the information technology and services industry.
- Previous Fintech or banking experience would be considered highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- You have a strong interdisciplinary background and have worked on diverse projects and created varied and rich content.
- You’re organized, pragmatic, and capable of capturing Know-How; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to take the initiative and remove any blockers wherever necessary. Our goal is to give a quality leading industry service and assistance to our members that leave them delighted.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch as well as challenging the status quo.
- You have excellent communication skills and a positive goal-oriented attitude. Your role will require a very proactive approach and a lot of collaboration with multiple different teams.
- You have adept command of the English language, both written and verbal – C1/C2 level.
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Ability to detect patterns, recognize opportunities for change, and improvement of processes or established work practices.
- Familiarity with Zendesk and JIRA would be considered a plus. Experience with Confluence and LMS training systems would be highly desirable.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.