Transaction Monitoring – Customer Service Specialist
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As a Transaction Monitoring – Customer Service Specialist you will be communicating with customers to resolve blocked transaction issues (where Tide has prevented a customer from making a payment due to concerns around fraud or other reasons).
You won’t need prior experience in banking, financial crime, or transaction monitoring. You will love talking to people (a large part of the role will involve calling customers on the phone) and have excellent English and communication skills. You’ll need to be able to remain calm under pressure, have an empathetic nature, and provide levels of customer service superior to that of the traditional big banks.
You will also want to join a new and growing team that with exciting future opportunities as it, and Tide, expand further in our mission to save businesses time and money every day.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Calling customers to determine whether blocked card transactions are fraudulent or genuine
- Messaging customers to inform them of work being done by other teams to resolve other blocked payments
- Obtaining the details of any potential fraudulent activity form the customer and providing to our Level 2 investigation team
- Communicating with our payment provider to ensure future genuine transactions from customers are not blocked
- Ensuring customers are are contacted as quickly as possible and are satisfied with the service and solutions they’ve received
- Following defined workflows but always looking for better ways to do things (we will change them when you find them!)
- Working as part of a team to deliver great customer service
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills
- You are confident talking with customers
- You are always on the lookout for new and better ways of doing things
- You have really strong organisational skills
- You have worked in a team environment handling high volumes of daily tasks
- You are comfortable using office tools such as GSuite
- You may also be comfortable using Zendesk or a similar platform
- You may also have some experience working in customer service for the finance industry
- You may also have some experience working in a financial crime or transaction monitoring function
- You may also have some experience working in startups
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Members first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Flexible working options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.