Transaction Monitoring Team Lead
Department: Financial Crime and KYC
As a Transaction Monitoring Team Leader at Tide, you will lead a Team of analysts within our first line of defence. The team you will lead conducts checks against fraud and money laundry, focussing on transaction activity. You will be responsible for the growth of this team to meet Tide’s obligations towards regulatory requirements and the risks associated with banking financial services. This includes managing the team’s day-to-day workload and taking responsibility for analysts personal development, and quality. You will review the current controls and processes, ensuring they are of the highest quality, and suggest improvements where these seem to fit. When required, you will advise and guide analysts on cases, conduct assurance on a variety of processes and support investigations for more complex cases. You will also provide Management Information to the Head of Ongoing Monitoring and other senior management. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders at Tide such as Member Support, Product, Financial Crime, and KYC.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Owning and managing Ongoing Monitoring work streams and forecasts
- Owning and defining Tide’s SLAs within such work streams and strategy for meeting these.
- Ensuring all SLAs are met to provide the best service possible for our members
- Reporting the success and efficiency of each work stream to senior stakeholders
- Assessing opportunities for efficiency improvements and reducing false positives, working with tech and non-tech teams to implement these changes
- You will be comfortable with data – you don’t need to be an expert, but you’ll be comfortable enough with a spreadsheet and dashboards
- You will be comfortable with technology – we use several internal systems, but you’ll be comfortable making suggestions for improvements
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- You have effective communication skills with solid reporting skills to technical and non-technical team members
- You have 2+ years experience in managing Ongoing Monitoring teams
- You have managed the success of multiple work streams previously.
- You have experience working with simplistic Financial Crime processes.
- You have a great analytical mind and attention to detail
- You can thrive as a generalist and wear many hats concurrently
- You have a curious nature and an impeccable attention to detail
- You have worked in finance, consulting, technology or a regulated organisation.
- You are logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
- You are customer-focused and a team player
- You relish working in a rapidly changing environment and enjoy working in a complex, technical industry.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members, so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society, but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice, and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.