As our first Treasurer you’ll join a fast-growing Finance team, in our London office. Reporting to the CFO, you’ll be responsible for managing the strategic long term funding plan as well as operational liquidity & capital management. The role will require partnering with multiple areas of the business, not just the Finance function but also product verticals, in particular our Payments and Credit teams.
This is a global role supporting Tide’s existing operations in London, Sofia and Hyderabad.
You will partner with the CFO to help on debt fundraising efforts and maintaining relationships with existing lenders.
At a tactical level you will oversee all treasury movements managing settlements and daily cash flow position. This will require you to work closely with our product and operational teams to ensure a robust framework for cash flow management.
Additionally the role will work closely with the risk and compliance function to maintain a full set of policies and procedures that ensure an adequate level of control over treasury activities, as well as financial risk management procedures.
The ideal candidate is result-driven, able to be both strategic and commercial and at the same time equally comfortable in the detail of helping to scale our financial systems and procedures.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the CFO to plan ongoing operational & capital investment requirements, defining the funding strategy, maintaining the strategic and operational liquidity & capital adequacy plans.
- Owning of all treasury as the first line of defence for the Group’s financial risk running the required stress tests against the internal limit system as well as external requirements (regulatory, float contractual etc)
- Executing liquidity operations transferring funds as required
- Managing and forecasting operational settlements and daily cash flow position.
- Utilising a range of corporate banking & FinTech partners to continually optimise the group’s deposits.
- Managing hedging to mitigate financial risks and foreign exchange positions.
- Maintaining all international banking relationships, initially in three countries.
- Managing debt providers on a day-to-day basis, administering their facilities and working closely with the Legal team as required.
- Overseeing and managing the reporting of liquidity and capital adequacy to the Executive team and the relevant committees.
- Inputting on product roadmap plans that have operational cash implications, for example merchant acquiring.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 7+ years experience in banking or treasury environments
- You are extremely analytical, strategic thinker with sound judgement and foresight
- You have experience overseeing controls and mitigating operational and financial risk
- You have a degree in finance, economics or accounting as well as relevant professional qualifications.
- You have experience working with senior management
- You are highly accomplished in financial modelling and analytics
- You may also have experience utilising BI reporting tools – knowledge of Looker/Power BI/Tableau etc is desirable.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.