Department: Design, UX & Brand
We're looking for an outstanding Senior UI Designer. You’ll be responsible for the evolution of our UI experience. We’re looking for someone ambitious and driven who can hit the ground running, collaborating closely with our design, product and engineering teams every step of the way – always championing a best-in-class experience for our members.
Working on iOS, Android and web products, you'll work across different business and product areas, while also playing an essential part in contributing to Tide’s design systems and overall user experience.
If you're passionate about quality UI and you love what you do, then we want to hear from you. Because Tide is about doing what you love.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Ability to create high quality UI design from concept to final product
- Advocate for and follow customer-centred design
- Present conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Respond to design briefs and always look for opportunities to ensure the best experience and quality across Tides products
- Help developing Tide’s product look & feel, style guides, and pixel perfect interfaces across platforms. With consideration of usability and accessibility standards taken into account, to meet member and business needs
- Design and specify user interfaces using iterative design techniques, including prototyping and usability testing
- Contribute to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes product owners, UX writers, and developers
- Provide product designers and development teams with support and guidance to help follow our design standards and our UI best practices
- Contribute to the definition, scope, and phasing of project timelines within an Agile framework within an OKR process
- Liaise with developers and QA testers to ensure designs are built and delivered to design specifications
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You love to solve problems and be challenged
- You have an amazing design capability across iOS, Android and web, maintaining multi-platform design systems in Figma and collaborating with product and engineering teams
- You have a good experience of design systems, components, and style guides and how to best implement, maintain and build them
- You’re a great communicator who can clearly articulate verbally or write design decisions backed up with data. You’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels
- You have a solid portfolio featuring case studies of product UI design work
- You have the ability to take ownership of the design process, influence it and driving meaningful change
- You have clear understanding of UX principles
- You seek out data for decision making and have experience conducting or supporting user research
- You understand how to balance user experience with business goals
- You have a strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
- You have an advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Principle, Invision, Adobe CS
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintech in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Dental Benefit
- Individual budget for professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.