UX Research Manager
Department: Design, UX & Brand
We’re looking for a bright, talented UX Research Manager who is passionate about customer experience and world-class user research. You’ll lead end-to-end UX research projects at Tide. Supporting product stakeholders and the design team, you will deliver high-quality studies that help grow the business by assuring the quality of our user experience.
You’ll be a hands-on, savvy, practitioner, who delivers insightful outcomes, whatever the challenge. You will also help grow the practice by sharing skills and capability, driving operational excellence and increasing business awareness and adoption of Human-centred design research.
It’s an exciting and varied role. This means at any one time you might be running fieldwork, managing data analysis with our analytics colleagues and consulting with business partners on new opportunities. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product designers, content designers and other researchers – and collaborate with developers, data scientists, product owners, and VPs to deliver a world-class financial platform for our members.
We want to create a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Planning and running research activities as a hands-on practitioner across product lines
- Consulting on UX research across the business
- Analysing data from fieldwork and making recommendations
- Managing external agencies and overseeing their work
- Working with teams to help identify user driven innovations and improvements
- Defining standards and best practices in user research
- Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to synthesize business insights
- Supporting design leads and product teams as a trusted advisor on all aspects of research
- Democratising research practices and self-service approaches to empower Tideans to conduct their own research
- Sharing knowledge with designers and product folk
- Keeping abreast of research trends and developments
- Presenting project findings to the wider business
- Evangelising UX research across Tide and externally at conferences
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a minimum 6 years’ experience in a comparable role and a relevant Masters degree or higher
- You have practical experience in a range of human-centred design research methods and in-depth knowledge of UX research
- You have strong experimental, study and research question design skills
- You have a creative approach to shaping studies methodologies and innovating new ones
- You are hands-on with moderation, data collection and fieldwork competencies in a variety of contexts
- You have knowledge of the research literature and skills in desk research and insight building
- You have experience in designing, running and and analysing questionnaires and surveys
- You have a highly collaborative approach to working with teams in a fast paced environment
- You are competent in producing effective research plans from non-expert’s briefs
- You are an expert in analysing structured and unstructured quantitative and qualitative data
- You have the ability to intuitively identify insights in complex data sets
- You have the talent to bring findings to life using a range of media and visualisation tools
- You are proficient in writing timely, high-quality, business oriented reports for different audiences
- You have consulting skills and are able to recommend salient research solutions to answer business questions
- You are great at project planning, estimation and resource scheduling
- You are able to manage simultaneous projects including having hands-on and oversight responsibilities
- You are experienced in a variety of design and software development methodologies
- You can successfully delegate research tasks
- You are able prioritise and identify opportunities to maximise impact with a methodical approach and eye for detail
- You are engaged with the research community, and have a thirst for knowledge
- You have experience in workshop planning and facilitation
- You have the ability to balance pragmatic and orthodox approaches to work to get the best result
- You have practical experience in market research, BI and data mining as well as data analytics and customer segmentation
- You have experience in managing external research partners
- You have experience line-managing user researchers and may also have previous experience mentoring designers and researchers which is a big plus as we’re growing fast!
- You have experience in retail banking or other retail financial services
- You may also have experience in a number of data collection, statistics packages and data analysis tools
- You may also have experience working on a consumer-facing applications
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.