Department: Legal and Finance
Employment Type: Contract
Hello, we’re Tide.
Tide is the emerging leader in SME challenger banking in the UK and has been ranked as a Top 100 FinTech by KPMG. We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. That’s why we are passionate about our mission is to help SMEs – our members – save time (and money).
The Tide platform not only offers business bank account and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly usable administrative solutions, such as full integration with accounting systems. Tide believes that truly serving SMEs well requires relentless focus on their needs. That is why Tide is SME only.
Based in central London and Sofia, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Alex Chesterman (Zoopla) as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Augmentum, Creandum, LocalGlobe and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As VP Finance at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will be responsible for managing all financial operations of the business. Reporting into the CFO, you will have overall responsibility for accounting and treasury including regulatory compliance.
We are looking for someone to own the financial systems processes and build out best in class finance/accounting practices, which will help us manage our finances and ensure compliance with regulatory procedures and accounting obligations. The role includes responsibility for:
- Overall responsibility for P&L, B/S and Cash Flow of the Company
- Financial Operations – i.e all finance elements of our payments infrastructure
- Budget preparation, management and controls
- Tax and relationships with external advisors
- Scaling the Finance team as the company grows
In managing our financial operations you will have a blank slate to build our treasury function and work closely with our Product and Operations teams to create processes and provide technical requirements that build out our First Line of Defence in the following areas:
- Settlement and reconciliations processes
- Safeguarding of funds
- Credit management
- Liquidity management
- Market and FX exposures
You will be building something new from day one, so we are looking for a self-starter who relishes the challenge of working in a fast-paced FinTech business.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who is comfortable with being accountable and can take responsibility for business critical financial operations
- Someone who Is passionate about the detail and is not happy until every last penny is reconciled
- You will have exceptional organisational skills
- You will have financial acumen and strong technical accounting skills
- You will be able to think commercially about our business economics
- You will have a curious mind and a high level of problem solving capability
- You will be looking to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You will be motivated by making a difference and getting things done
- A Chartered Accountant with at least 10 years PQE in financial services
- Including some experience in a UK regulated bank
- Significant experience working with Auditors and Regulators
- A degree from a global top-tier university
- FinTech experience would be useful, but it’s not essential
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.