VP Tide Credit Services
VP Tide Credit Services and MD Tide Capital
As VP Tide Credit Services, you’ll be responsible for leading our proprietary credit services vision and strategy, product roadmap and delivery, and as well as commercial management. You will also be the MD of Tide Capital entities, dedicated to proprietary lending. This is a senior role and you will be part of Tide’s senior leadership team.
Tide Credit Services covers Tide’s own label product range, currently focused on transactional credit (e.g. credit lines and credit builder). Together with our Finance team, you will be responsible for funding partner relationships. You will own the first line of defence Underwriting function and work collaboratively with the second line of defence Risk & Compliance function.
All our products are deeply integrated with one another to ensure we deliver our mission to save our members time. You will work with the other product lines to seamlessly connect our products and come up with exciting and innovative platform use cases.
Tide Credit Services is a global product line. Tide currently operates in the UK and is just starting out in India – with more countries to come.
Your team of Product Managers, Product Marketers, Operations Managers and Underwriters will work closely with Engineering and Design for product delivery and with the country teams for marketing and member operations.
You'll be a great fit if:
- You have extreme commercial ownership with prior experience of setting goals, delivering KPIs and P&Ls including credit performance and unit economics.
- You have a deep subject matter expertise in SME credit products (8+ years of experience) with experience in a multi-country context.
- You have a strong underwriting exposure in the first line of defence underwriting, including eligibility, acceptance and limit assignment, and collection strategies in a highly automated data driven environment.
- You have good product management background with a track record of building successful digital solutions at scale; ideally on the basis of one technical platform internationally. You have a deep understanding of product development processes using OKRs, agile frameworks and working with API based micro service architectures.
- You are a proven senior leader with strong personal gravitas and excellent multi-disciplinary team management skills (having managed teams of 20+ across multiple locations).
- You are a strategic thinker who can evolve Tide’s proprietary Credit Services strategy within the context of Tide’s overall strategy.
- You have a strong alignment with the Tide values (#MemberFirst, #DataDriven, #OneTeam). You are customer obsessed, logical, analytical, process driven, and highly collaborative.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Share options
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.