Web Developer (Marketing)
Employment Type: Full-time
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital). We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that’s going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Web Developer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining responsive websites to support our brand and marketing efforts on our website.
Requirements will change as we learn from how our channels perform, and we believe in adapting quickly, learning by doing. We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
We’d love an experienced Web Developer to join our expanding web and marketing teams in London, and help us deliver incredible solutions. You will be required to work closely with the marketing team on delivering a high-performing, fast, dynamic site that converts visitors to potential members, and members.
Who are we looking for?
- 3+ years of web development experience.
- Good knowledge of PHP, SQL
- Experience developing for WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Experience integrating with APIs and backend services, using OAuth and an understanding of the HTTP protocols, Webhooks, secure integrations
- Experience with build tools
- Experience with either AngularJS or React
- Experience in planning and implementing supporting SQL and NoSQL databases
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.