To apply for a bank account with Tide, you will need to meet our eligibility criteria outlined below:
Currently (for Beta phase) only individuals and sole proprietor business can apply for a bank account with Tide. Applicants must be Indian citizens and aged 18 or above. The applicant must have a PAN card, Aadhar and its mobile number linked to Aadhar.
We’re on a mission to help businesses owners spend less time on money admin, and we want to enable as many small businesses as possible to do that.
We hope to broaden this scope as we grow, but currently we’re unable to onboard the following types of businesses:
- Trading of cryptocurrencies
- Trading of precious metals and stones
- Money services (such as foreign exchange, loan providers, money transfers)
- Casinos, prize draws and other betting or gambling activities
- Sale or trade of unlicensed drugs & pharmaceuticals
- Trading of weapons, explosives or armaments
- Unlicensed trading and processing of scrap metal
- Unlicensed waste management
- Import and export of automotive vehicles or heavy machinery
- Bidding/ auction houses
- Money laundering services
- Political parties
- Unlicensed chit fund businesses
- Live animals or hides/ skins/ teeth, nails and other parts etc. of animals;
- Encourage or incite violent acts; or
- Adult goods and services which include pornography and other sexually suggestive materials (including literature, imagery and other media), escort or prostitution services, website access and/or website memberships of pornography or illegal sites;
- Activities which defame or slander any person or groups of people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, or other factors;
- Adoption agencies
- Any other activities prohibited by applicable law
We reserve the right to change our eligibility criteria from time to time.