Tide Logo
Vat Registration

Do I need to be VAT registered?

You must be VAT registered if your VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000/year. If you do not expect to reach this threshold, you can still voluntarily register for VAT at any time. Both sole traders and registered companies can register for VAT. Please note that the Tide VAT registration service is only available to registered companies at this time. 

Did you find this information useful?

Related articles

Need to get in touch?

Searching our help articles is usually the quickest and easiest way to get answers. If you still can't find what you’re looking for, contact us in-app or via hello@tide.co