If you’re the director of a company registered with UK Companies House, you’ll be eligible for a Registered Business account. UK-based sole traders and freelancers with a valid UK residential address who are registered with HMRC are eligible for a Sole Trader account.
For both account types, you’ll need to be aged 18 or above, have a valid UK phone number, and hold a device registered to a UK App or Google Play store.
We’re on a mission to help business owners spend less time on money admin.
However, there are a number of high risk industries that we can’t take on, as this would mean not being able to focus our time and energy on the rest of our members.
As a result and going forwards, we will not be offering current accounts to businesses in the following industries:
- The holding, managing an/or controlling of a third party’s (client’s/customer’s) funds in the Tide account. This includes using the funds on behalf of other individuals
- Insurance companies (incl. insurance brokers)
- Trading of crypto/virtual currencies
- Operating as a pawnbroker
- Extraction of precious metals and stones
- Investments (incl. real estate investments)
- Money services (such as foreign exchange, loan providers, money transfers)
- Banking services (incl. BCAs, loans, digital wallets, etc.)
- Casinos, prize draws and other betting or gambling activities
- Sale of unlicensed pharmaceuticals
- Sale or trade of cannabidiol (CBD) products
- Trading of weapons, explosives or armaments
- Unlicensed trading and processing of scrap metal
- Unlicensed waste management
- Unlicensed animal breeding
- Sale, import and export of used vehicles or heavy machinery
- Escort services and other services in the adult industry
- Bidding fee auctions
- Non-profit organizations, including charities
- Operating as, but not limited to, CICs and CIOs, PLC, LLP, Partnership, Trust.
You can read more about this in our blog post: Providing financial security for our members.