There are a few reasons why your ID and selfie might have failed. Your ID might be expired, it might be invalid, or the picture we captured just wasn’t clear enough. Your selfie might have been too blurry or, and this is rare, we’re not sure that the person on the ID is the person in your selfie.
Here are some tips:
- Lay your ID on flat surface
- Ideally, make sure that surface is a contrasting background to your ID – sometimes our authenticators struggle to distinguish the edges of an ID against a white or light background
- Take the picture in a well-lit room but make sure there is no glare.
- Make sure all the details of the ID are totally clear.
- Make sure your selfie is totally clear.
- If you’re worried your camera isn’t good enough, ask a friend to take the picture(s) and forward them through.
Here’s what we can accept:
- Driving License
- Biometric Residence Permit
Sometimes we might ask you for a second piece of ID, to supplement the first. This is for regulatory purposes, and we try to avoid this wherever possible.