In some cases, we may need to ask for additional evidence that your business is established.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Independent website – Your business’s website
- Online marketplace – Amazon, Ebay, or a dedicated marketplace
- Social media profiles – Your business’s social media pages*
- LinkedIn – Your professional profile, to confirm your expertise in the stated nature of your business.
- Yell.com or equivalent
If you don’t have any of the above, feel free to send what you do have. We’ll definitely consider it but will probably also ask for something below.
- HMRC Registration with name and UTR, if you’re a sole trader
- Proof of physical presence eg. signed Rental Agreement or Land Ownership (specific to Trading/Company Name)
- Proof of advertising
- Proof of membership or association with relevant professional organisation
- Certification of qualification
- Invoice with the corresponding bank statement
- Provider quotes
- Quotes for clients
- Business related receipt and corresponding bank statement
- Signed contract of employment
- Signed service/supplier/distributor agreement
- Proof of training eg. CSCS cards
If you’re supplying alternative proofs, we may ask to see more than one.
If you’re sending a photo of anything make sure to send a clear photo of the whole document.
*Your social media page(s) must indicate a clear history of business activity and client-base. We may ask for further proof if the page is relatively new.