What do I do once I have registered for Self Assessment?

From the effective date of registration:

  • HMRC will send you a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number in the post. You use your UTR to register for HMRC Online Services.
  • HMRC will then send you a PIN number in the post to access Online Services where you can file your Self Assessment

Read more FAQs