What if the country/jurisdiction where I am a tax resident does not issue a TIN – can I provide an alternative number?

Please see the section called “What is a TIN (Tax Identification Number)” – some authorities issue an equivalent number that may be known under a different local name. The OECD website can be consulted for further details about the TIN or its equivalent: www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/crsimplementation-and-assistance/tax-identification-numbers

Read more FAQs