Face of Tide – Terms and Conditions
1.Tide Platform Private Limited (“Tide” or “we” or “us”) will operate the Face of Tide campaign (“Campaign”) for its members in India (“you”). Members who meet the eligibility criteria (outlined below) will be able to participate in the Campaign. If shortlisted, submissions of such members will be featured on one or all of Tide India’s social media profiles – Instagram, Facebook and X (formerly Twitter). Through this campaign, some brilliant Indian small businesses will get to be the face of Tide in India and be put in the spotlight
2. You can send in your submissions for this Campaign between Oct 25, 2023 and Jan 16, 2024 (“Submission Period”) using the channels specified in our communication. If your submission is selected, you will receive an email from us informing you about it and the next steps.
3. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern the Campaign. You are advised to carefully read these Terms. Your participation in the Campaign signifies your assent to these Terms. These Terms must be read in conjunction with the Tide Membership Terms and Conditions (“Tide Membership Terms”). Words used here but not defined here have the meaning assigned to them in the Tide Membership Terms.
4. To be eligible for this Campaign, you must: (a) have an active Tide Expense Card and be compliant with the Tide Membership Terms (b) have an active Instagram to participate in the Campaign (c) make a valid submission for the Campaign as specified in our communication and as specified below (d) not have been selected for this Campaign or similar Tide campaigns before (e) successfully pass Tide’s background checks.
5. Submissions specified below will not be considered for this Campaign:
- Computer-generated or otherwise automatically generated submissions
- Submissions prepared or submitted by third parties
- Submissions which are illegible or are copied.
6. You must only make one (1) submission for this Campaign. If you make multiple submissions, we reserve the right to disqualify one or all your submissions. Submissions made on behalf of another person will be disqualified from this Campaign.
How to make submissions?
7. You must make submissions for this Campaign during the Submission Period using the channels specified in our communication. Each submission must at least have: (a) selfies with the Tide Expense Card (b) a quote from you explaining why you are passionate about what you do (c) your full name, name of your business, and a brief note to tell us more about your business (d) Your social media handles or IDs on Instagram, Facebook and X (formerly Twitter).
8. You should submit selfies that best represent you and your business, one in portrait and another in landscape orientation. Besides, any photo you submit must be:
- high-resolution (between 1-10 MB in size)
- bright and taken in well-lit surroundings
- original and must not violate a third-party’s intellectual property.
9. All submissions will be evaluated by a panel of experts we constitute. We reserve the right to select the panel of experts at our sole discretion. The panel of experts will evaluate submissions based on their quality and relevance, among other factors
10. The decision of the panel of experts as to the shortlisting of submissions will be final and binding.
11. We will contact the members whose submissions are shortlisted through email. To confirm their further participation in the Campaign, such members must follow the instructions in our email, sign the release form sent in our email and provide any additional information required by us for our due diligence. If such members do not confirm their further participation in the Campaign as per our email within seven (7) business days, they will be deemed to have forfeited their chance to participate further in the Campaign.
Publication of shortlisted submissions
12. The shortlisted submissions will feature on one or all of Tide’s India social media profiles. Members with the shortlisted submissions cannot exchange, transfer or substitute this for cash or other consideration.
13. We reserve the right to disqualify you from the Campaign at any stage if you: (a) are in breach of applicable law (b) are in breach of these Terms (c) do not meet the eligibility criteria for the Campaign (d) tamper with the selection process or the operation of the Campaign (e) act fraudulently, in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or unfairly influence the Campaign (or attempt to do any of the foregoing) (f) do not bear a good moral and social character (g) have posted any content which is unlawful, indecent, obscene, racist, inflammatory, violent, hateful, defamatory, violative of a third-party’s rights, politically motivated, harmful or which we otherwise consider objectionable or (h) commit any act or omission which adversely affects (or has the potential to adversely affect) our reputation.
14. The following are not eligible to participate in the Campaign:
- our employees and contractors
- employees and contractors of our advisors and service providers who are professionally connected with the Campaign
- immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) of the persons mentioned above.
15. We are not responsible for: (a) any error in the operation of the Campaign, including for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind (b) any inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website (c) any lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, unintelligible or inaccurate participation information, whether caused by you or by any of the equipment or program associated with or utilized in the Campaign, or by any technical or human error while processing the Campaign (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Campaign or (e) injury or damage to your or any other computer or mobile resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Campaign.
16. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right at any time, in our sole discretion to: (a) modify the Campaign, the eligibility criteria, disqualification criteria, these Terms and any other terms governing it and (b) withdraw, terminate, or temporarily suspend the Campaign, with or without prior notice.
17. We reserve the right to takedown any content published by us pursuant to this Campaign for any reason at our sole discretion. This includes situations where your conduct or such content: (a) violates applicable law (b) violates the rights of a third party (c) violates these Terms or (d) adversely affects (or has the potential to adversely affect) our reputation.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
18. The Campaign and these Terms are governed by the laws of India. The courts at New Delhi will have the exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out of or relating to the Campaign and these Terms.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
19. To the fullest extent permissible by law, you agree to release and indemnify us, our affiliates (including their officers, employees, and subcontractors) from and against all actions, losses, liabilities, penalties, claims, demands or expenses you may have against us or that we may incur as a direct or indirect result of your participation in the Campaign.
20. We will exercise reasonable care and diligence in organising and operating the Campaign. But we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages, losses, or injuries arising from your participation in the Campaign. You acknowledge that your participation in the Campaign is voluntary, and assume all risks associated with such participation. In any event, our total liability arising out of or in relation to the Campaign will not exceed Ten Thousand Rupees (INR 10,000).
Intellectual Property and Publicity
21. All rights, titles and interests, including but not limited to the intellectual property rights (including copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, performer’s rights, patent and designs) in the promotional material(s), or other materials created during or for the Campaign, or as a part of the Campaign or otherwise, shall vest solely and exclusively with us at all times.
22. By participating in the Campaign, you grant us, our affiliates (and their successors and assigns) a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free permission to record, copy, publish, modify, exhibit, distribute or otherwise use all elements of your submission including its text, your name, image, likeness, and/or voice and the name and images relating to your business, its products, logos and other trademarks in any media (including image, video/audio, and print) in any medium of release (including mass media, traditional media, and digital media) for any promotional or marketing purpose. You acknowledge that the potential publicity benefits you may receive by participating in the Campaign are adequate consideration for the rights granted herein and you are not entitled to any other consideration for such use. Further, you release us, our affiliates, and their employees, agents and assigns from any claims arising out of, or relating to such use.
23. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the details in any promotional material for the Campaign, these Terms will prevail.
24. Failure by us to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be deemed as a waiver of our right to enforce such provision at any later time. No waiver will be valid unless in writing. Waiver of any one provision will not be considered as a waiver of another provision.
25. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect to the extent permitted by law.