NEW: Get an alert when your invoice is paid
We’re pleased to announce another improvement to Invoicing is now live!
We’ll now automatically notify you when your invoices have been paid. 🤯
How it works
Your Tide app will now match incoming payments to your invoices and mark them as paid automatically. Here’s how it works:
When you set up and send an invoice, your Tide app awaits the payment…
- Log into your Tide app and go to Invoicing 📲
- Set up and send an invoice 📄
- Payment comes in from your customer 💸
- Your Tide app recognises the payment, matches it to your invoice and marks the invoice as paid ✅
- You get a notification on your mobile 📳
What if a payment isn’t automatically matched?
This update is smart but sometimes it might not recognise an invoice payment. No problem – here’s what to do:
- Select the invoice and click Mark as paid
- Your Tide app will suggest payments which appear to be possible matches. Select the correct payment or choose one that isn’t on the list of suggestions.
- Your invoice is marked as paid
What if a match is a mistake?
It’s possible that your Tide app might mistakenly mark an invoice as paid. For example, your customer sends you a payment of the same amount as the invoice, but it isn’t for that invoice.
It’s easy to sort out:
- Select the invoice incorrectly marked as paid
- Tap on Options > Mark as unpaid
What if it doesn’t seem to be working?
Go to your app store and make sure you’re using the latest version of the Tide app.
Don’t want your Tide app to auto-match payments to invoices?
We’re enabling auto-matching for all Tide members but if you’d rather turn it off, here’s what to do:
- Go to Settings > turn off Auto-matching
We’re listening to your feedback
We’re particularly happy to release this update to Invoicing because you, our members, told us it was top of your wish-list.
To improve the Tide app and our services, we need your feedback. What do you think of this new feature? What else do you want us to develop? Share your thoughts by email: firstname.lastname@example.org