Listen again: How to approach investors to fund your business (Tide Masterclass)
What’s the best way to approach investors? We might think we know what happens at an investment pitch, having watched Dragon’s Den, but how do we get to pitch in the first place? And what do investors want to know?
In this Masterclass, we’ll help you understand what potential investors want from you and what you need to do to get that ‘yes’.
This event took place on 17 September 2020. If you couldn’t join us on the day or you’d like to listen again, the recording is available below.
Masterclass: How to approach investors to fund your business
For this Masterclass, our Events Manager Cuan Hawker is joined by Tide’s Founder, George Bevis.
George is also the Founder and CEO of CanDo, a social ventures incubator. During lockdown, George and CanDo launched Pop to the Shop, a service to connect local volunteer shoppers to people in self-isolation who need help.
In this Masterclass, you’ll learn:
- how to pick the right investor
Matching your business to appropriate investors makes it more likely your pitch will succeed.
- how to write your first message
Tips for a successful first approach.
- how to create your pitch
What to say or write to get a ‘yes’.
- how to present your pitch
Expert advice on what to do and not do.
- how to get to know the numbers
What you need to learn about your business’s finances.
This Masterclass is available for everyone. It’s most suitable for people who have just started or are thinking about starting or growing their own business in the UK.
About Tide Masterclasses
Tide exists to help small businesses. We make your financial admin easier so you can spend more time doing what you love. Our Masterclasses are just one of the ways we support you and your small business.
In the sessions – currently happening online – we gather experts, often Tide members, to share insights and practical advice you can put into action straight away.
To find out about upcoming Masterclasses, take a look at our list of events.
You can listen again to these Tide Masterclasses:
- Listen again | How to choose the right type of funding for your business
- Listen again | How to write the perfect business plan
- Listen again | A step-by-step guide to registering your business
- Listen again | How to create an innovative business idea
- Listen again | How to maximise your profits
- Listen again | How to create a successful small business marketing strategy
- Listen again | How to be productive and avoid burnout during business growth
- Listen again | I’ve moved my business sales online due to Covid, now what?
- Listen again | How to keep your business afloat for the rest of 2020
- Listen again | A conversation about race for small business owners
- Listen again | How to reopen your business after the pandemic
- Listen again | Invoice hacks and how to get paid with Tide and Hokodo
- Listen again | GDPR – Staying on top of requirements during and coming out of a crisis
- Listen again | Empowering your employees – keeping them engaged and providing some fun
- Listen again | Mental health workshop
- Listen again | Aiding business continuity during COVID-19
- Listen again | How to navigate a crisis with creative confidence
- Listen again | How to ride out lockdown
Liked this Masterclass? Please share the link with your friends and contacts.
Have your say
What did you think of this Masterclass? We’re keen to hear from you – get in touch with us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.