Listen again: How to go freelance (Tide Masterclass)
Are you thinking of going freelance in 2021? How will you know if it’s the right time? And what about having to do your accounts and taxes? We’re here to help.
In this Masterclass, our panel answered many of your common questions about going freelance. If you want to gain more confidence to make the jump to working for yourself, don’t miss this recording, available here and on our YouTube channel.
This event took place on 28 January 2021. If you couldn’t join us on the day or you’d like to listen again, the recording is available below.
Masterclass: How to go freelance
For this Masterclass, Tide’s Event Manager Cuan Hawker is joined by:
- Darren Fell
Founder and CEO, Crunch.co.uk
Crunch is an online accountanting service, specialising in helping freelancers, contractors, consultants and small businesses.
- Tom Osbourne
Head of Photography, SouthWorks Creative,
SouthWorks creative offer photography and video services in Reading, Maidenhead and London.
Here’s what the panel discussed:
- Is there a right time to go freelance? 📅🤔
- What are the first steps to going freelance? 👣
- Do you need a separate business bank account as a freelancer? 💰💳
- What finance admin do you need to do as a freelancer? 🧾
What should you do now and what should you keep doing as you go along?
- What are some great digital tools for freelancers? 📱🛠
- What are some rookie mistakes new freelancers make? 🤦♀️🤦♂️
What to do when you’re setting up your business – and what not to do!
- How can you get more customers? 💡🤝
This was a popular question from our audience!
This Masterclass is available for everyone. It’s most suitable for people who are thinking about going freelance, or have recently started up as a freelancer.
About Tide Masterclasses
Tide exists to help small businesses. We make your financial admin easier so you can spend more time doing what you love. Our Masterclasses are just one of the ways we support you and your small business.
In the sessions – currently happening online – we gather experts, often Tide members, to share insights and practical advice you can put into action straight away.
To find out about upcoming Masterclasses, take a look at our list of events.
You can listen again to these Tide Masterclasses:
- Listen again | Get your small business ready for a knock-out 2021
- Listen again | How to save time on employee and company expenses
- Listen again | Creating an identity for your new business
- Listen again | Maintaining your mental health whilst starting a business
- Listen again | How to set up your financial accounting the right way
- Listen again | How to legal-proof your business
- Listen again | How to approach investors to fund your business
- Listen again | How to choose the right type of funding for your business
- Listen again | How to write the perfect business plan
- Listen again | A step-by-step guide to registering your business
- Listen again | How to create an innovative business idea
- Listen again | How to maximise your profits
- Listen again | How to create a successful small business marketing strategy
- Listen again | How to be productive and avoid burnout during business growth
- Listen again | I’ve moved my business sales online due to Covid, now what?
- Listen again | How to keep your business afloat for the rest of 2020
- Listen again | A conversation about race for small business owners
- Listen again | How to reopen your business after the pandemic
- Listen again | Invoice hacks and how to get paid with Tide and Hokodo
- Listen again | GDPR – Staying on top of requirements during and coming out of a crisis
- Listen again | Empowering your employees – keeping them engaged and providing some fun
- Listen again | Mental health workshop
- Listen again | Aiding business continuity during COVID-19
- Listen again | How to navigate a crisis with creative confidence
- Listen again | How to ride out lockdown
Liked this Masterclass? Please share the link with your friends and contacts.
Have your say
What did you think of this Masterclass? We’re keen to hear from you – get in touch with us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.