Complaints Lead (12 months contract)
United Kingdom, Remote
Department: Member Support
At Tide, we are building a finance & admin platform designed to save small businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of connected administrative solutions from invoicing to accounting.
Launched in 2017, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 575,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 200,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has over 1,600 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to empower small businesses and help them save time and money.
About the team
The complaints team is a globally distributed front-line team of currently 17 employees that support Tide Members. The team deals with UK complaints and will soon be handling German complaints, as Tide launches and grows its business there.
About the role
As Complaints Lead you will lead the complaints team at Tide. In this role you will:
- Engage with members, suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of fair member outcomes in adherence with FCA regulations;
- Own the end-to-end process for UK regulated complaints, including the complaints handling and Financial Ombudsman (FOS) casework;
- Own the end-to-end process for German regulated complaints, including the complaints handling and BaFin casework;
- Lead multiple teams which include team leads, complaint handlers and complaint administrators, while overseeing the complaints QA framework;
- Represent Tide in complaint related topics with the FOS;
- Act as a management escalation point for complex or high risk cases;
- Be directly responsible for the performance of your team and the successful completion of their targets as well as providing leadership, subject matter expertise, support, setting an example and providing motivation and unity;
- Plan and manage team caseload in order to achieve SLAs and avoid regulatory breaches, including handling complaints when required;
- Own the root cause analysis process and create transparency across the business of major member pain points; and
- Drive change by ensuring complaints data is easy to access and understand and that our teams are aware of its importance.
What we are looking for
- A proven track record of 10+ years of complaint handling experience, preferably within the fintech/banking sector or directly with the FCA/FOS;
- 5 years of team leadership and development experience – with a demonstrable track record of team building and performance improvement, ideally in a remote or semi-remote working model;
- Experience of working in a regulated environment with a good understanding of the FCA rules and guidelines for complaint handling;
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with challenging issues and provide the right outcome for customers and Tide;
- Experience of working in a fast-moving company and be comfortable that priorities can change and new processes may need to be created from scratch;
- Passion for improving the customer experience;
- A data-driven mindset and understand MI and reporting requirements and how to use data to improve business performance;
- A bright, engaging and positive attitude and be calm under pressure; and
- A flexible and creative mindset, which brings out the best in people around you.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- Group Life Insurance
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand-new office near Old Street Station with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 3 days for L&D or volunteering time off per year
Tidean Ways of Working
Make work, work for you! Tide embraces and supports flexible working arrangements. We are a remote-first business that enables its employees to work remotely from anywhere in their home country. Additionally, Our Working Outside the Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world, up to 90 days per year per country.
We are remote-first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our members’ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.