Customer Support Associate
Department: Member Support
Department: Member Support
Who are Tide:
Tide is about doing what you love – that’s why we’re trusted by 400,000+ sole traders, freelancers and limited companies throughout the UK. We are rapidly expanding in India, and we are looking towards other horizons in the EU.We’re the leading provider of small and medium enterprises business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
What we’re looking for:
As a Customer Service Associate, you would be helping businesses across the UK to become success stories every day. You’ll love talking to people and have an empathetic nature along with a passion for solving customer problems. You will play a key part in helping Tide expand by providing around the clock support, every day of the year. Solving problems quickly and giving clear and honest advice is what sets us apart from the traditional big banks.
We are looking for someone who is proactive and not afraid to take on new challenges. Putting the customer at the centre of everything you do plays a key role in our success. You’d be a great fit if you are willing to take responsibility, if you are energetic and reliable, and if you are ready to demonstrate high ethics and morale, working as an integral part of our team.
- Leading day-to-day direct communication with customers over chat and email, and, whenever needed – over the phone (perform outbound calls to customers when requested by them);
- Following established procedures and guidelines, but also participate in creating new processes or improving the existing ones;
- Delivering a 5-star customer experience based on a set of pre-defined metrics (Customer Satisfaction, Volume Contribution, Quality Assurance);
- Getting to grips with tough banking challenges like unfamiliar transactions, missing payments, and direct debits;
- Helping mentor new members of the team, and support them with your wisdom and experience and help out with common back office tasks;
- Going through multiple tailor-made trainings and courses to help you elevate your skillset and knowledge and make the next step in your career with Tide;
- Working on shifts (late- or night shifts, weekends and holidays included), based on a schedule that takes into account your preferences, but also meets the needs of the business.
As a Customer Support Associate you’ll be doing:
- Leading direct communication with customers over chat and email, and, whenever needed – over the phone (perform outbound calls to customers when requested by them.
- Following established procedures and guidelines, but also participate in creating new processes or improving the existing ones.
- Delivering a 5-star customer experience based on a set of pre-defined metrics (Customer Satisfaction, Volume Contribution, Quality Assurance).
- Getting to grips with tough banking challenges like unfamiliar transactions, missing payments, and direct debits.
- Helping mentor new members of the team, and support them with your wisdom and experience and help out with common back office tasks.
- Going through multiple tailor-made trainings and courses to help you elevate your skillset and knowledge and make the next step in your career with Tide.
- Working late and night shifts (weekends and holidays included), based on a schedule that takes into account your preferences, but also meets the needs of the business.
What makes you a great fit:
- You are comfortable talking to customers (phone, chat, email) and experience liaising with and responding to member queries (however difficult). Customer-focused mindset is a must!
- You have 1-4 years of experience as a customer support associate
- You are willing to handle customer requests via chat, phone, or email
- You enjoy finding novel ways to solve difficult problems
- You are always on the lookout for recurring issues and help create new workflows to solve them
- You are comfortable using industry tools like Kustomer, GSuite, and Jira
- You have excellent spoken and written English skills (B2 or higher)
- You are proactive, ready to take decisions and have strong organisational skills and morale
- You have relevant experience working in customer service
- Having finance industry experience is considered an asset
- Graduation is a mandatory consideration to apply for this role
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.