Lead Product Owner – Subscription Plans and Member Directory
As Lead Product Owner for Subscriptions Plans and Member Directory, you’ll own and manage Tide’s suite of subscription products, billing services, in-app discovery methods and all associated third party integrations, together with member data and access. You’ll directly lead delivery teams for some of these areas yourself initially, while recruiting additional Product Owners to own and scale these areas autonomously under your management.
A key priority is to own and optimise our existing suite of membership plans and subscription products, while enhancing our pricing strategy across the board. You will be fully accountable for subscription revenue, end-to-end. This means all execution horizons: short and long-term product development, as well as partnering with marketing channel leaders to execute a comprehensive campaign schedule.
You’ll be data-driven, forward thinking and dedicated to continuously improving our paid products. This role is essential in helping Tide deliver value to our members and driving revenue for the business, and is a critical role within the wider Membership Engagement team.
You will be curious, entrepreneurial and have deep knowledge in paid plans and subscriptions, with a desire to continually learn and enhance your experience. You’ll also have the experience to independently lead a delivery team and then a team of POs to develop and launch new features, whilst optimising our existing suite of products.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Defining the vision and product roadmap for our subscription plans, enhancing our pricing strategy across the board. You will be fully accountable for end-to-end subscription revenues.
- Driving the member data, directory and access strategy for Tide the thrive in a multi-user, multi-business context that is essential to success in SME finance & admin.
- Managing all non-product specific parts of the app and our modes of discovery features, esp. our in-app internal ad network (IAN).
- Coordinating member billing services across Tide’s product range, so as to ensure our members have a clear and accurate view of their billing status.
- Building, leading and retaining a team of Product Owners responsible for driving their product, fostering a culture of continuous execution and ultimately building a team of POs that covers the range of the member engagement products
- Building our subscription products globally, with current focus on UK and India
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve shipped market-leading products in a fast-growing product-focused company before as a Lead Product Owner or Head of Product (products where the customer is retail or small business – as opposed to internal-facing tools)
- You’ve spent at least eight years in product, ideally in a start-up/scale-up environment, where the core of the business was a technical product
- You have deep experience in subscriptions and paid plan products which drive value for the customer and revenue for the business — you are obsessed with pricing psychology and loyalty.
- You have an appreciation and some knowledge of data modes, directories, access, and billing
- You’re a product evangelist: obsessed with the end user, well-versed in best product research and development practices and are willing to share your knowledge with other product owners
- You are great with people and have experience in line managing team members
- You’re organised and pragmatic, capable of leading a technical interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and remove any blockers that might be on the critical path to shipping
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You have practical agile product development experience
- You have Technical knowledge and experience with API-based products
- You have experience with data-driven segmentation, targeting a/b testing and BI tools
- You are fun to work with! We value people that can work collaboratively to get the job done.
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering time off per year
- Flexible working options
- Sabbatical leave
- Share options
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.