Senior Cloud Engineer
At Tide, we are building a financial platform designed to save small and medium-sized businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related services, including Cards, POS terminals, Credit services, Expense Cards invoicing and accounting tools and many more. Our vision is to become the world's leading FinTech Platform. We're not just building technology and great products, we're empowering people to make informed business decisions and lifting generations of hard working entrepreneurs.
Founded in 2015, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 550,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 150,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has nearly 1,800 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to enable small businesses to save time and money and do what they love.
What we’re looking for:
As part of the Cloud Engineering team, you will be helping to design and build the core infrastructure platform that supports Tide’s global businesses. You will help us evolve our new Kubernetes based deployment platform, roll it out to our new markets and migrate our existing UK business to this new platform.
You will work closely with our engineering teams to make sure our platform meets their needs and with our Information Security team to ensure we meet and exceed our regulatory obligations.
We are committed to a 100% Infrastructure-as-Code approach to infrastructure builds using Terraform and currently deploy to AWS. We also follow the GitOps model of application deployment and use tools such as ArgoCD, Helm and Crossplane to facilitate this approach. You will work closely with our Developer Experience team to make this model for deploying and managing services usable for our engineers.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you’ll be:
- Working as part of a larger Cloud Engineering team, comprising Cloud Infrastructure (your team), Developer Experience, Cloud Operations and Cloud Data Engineering.
- Working with stakeholders to understand the characteristics they require from our platform.
- Writing Terraform and Helm charts to define our infrastructure and configure the middleware/shared services that support the platform.
- Working collaboratively alongside other Senior Cloud Engineers to define and implement best practices.
- Directly supporting engineers to understand what tools and access they need to effectively use the platform (and then working with Developer Experience to make sure those tools get built).
- Helping to identify, research and implement new technologies that will improve the platform.
- Promoting understanding of the capabilities of the platform throughout Tide’s engineering department.
- Mentoring and teaching (and being open to learning from your peers).
What makes you a great fit:
- Having over 5 years of experience and most of that should be in a DevOps Engineering type role.
- Having spent the majority of your career working in Cloud hosted environments, you consider yourself an AWS expert.
- You have strong hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and Python.
- Having an understanding of the GitOps pattern and experience in related technologies – ideally ArgoCD
- Good understanding of the Kubernetes ecosystem and ideally some experience with services like Traefik, Linkerd, KEDA and HCP Vault.
- Having a ‘platform’ mentality where you understand that we’re building on behalf of our engineers who will rely on our services to build and innovate.
- Enjoy an environment where everyone’s ideas are heard and considered.
- Happy to work in a highly regulated and security-conscious industry.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Flexible working from home
- Sabbatical Leave
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
Make work, work for you! Tide embraces and supports flexible working arrangements. We are a remote-first business that enables its employees to work remotely from anywhere in their home country. Additionally, Our Working Outside the Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world, up to 90 days per year per country.
We are remote-first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our members’ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.