Threat Detection Engineer – 2/3
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As a Threat Detection Engineer at Tide, you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data-driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too. You'll also help take our security processes to the next level. Our scaling security team is responsible for securing Tide, our Tideans and our Members. This is achieved through Security Operations focused on event data, incident response and tooling and the automation of all of that to free up TD engineers to go on focused threat hunts.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Working on the Implementation and maintenance of our security event monitoring tooling
- Using Open source intelligence to investigate live and identify future potential threats
- Building our security incident management and forensics capabilities
- Working with the Infrastructure team to review and manage our access controls and identity management
- Managing tooling to effectively detect and respond to security incidents
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research
- Building tooling for internal use that enables the team to operate at high speed and at scale
- Writing, and managing indicator of compromise queries
- Responding to, triaging, and investigating potential incidents across Tide's laptops, servers, network devices, and cloud systems
- Acting as incident manager and running interactions with external incident response and forensics teams in the event of a major incident
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure that programmatically driven security policies are correct
- Implementing security orchestration and automation on top of existing solutions
- Contributing to the vulnerability management and triage program
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Family medical insurance
- Life and accidental insurance
- We invest in your development with professional L&D budget Rs.40,000 per year
- Flexible working options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have experience in operational security, threat detection and response
- You are Writing and triaging production security alerts against large data sets, ideally with Splunk Enterprise Security
- You have knowledge on hardening AWS, Linux containers and common services
- You have experience mentoring other engineers in security
- You are able to act as a cheerleader and champion for security
- You have ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic, fast growing, startup environment
- You have Passion for information security
- You have hands-on attitude and the ability to drive solutions to completion
- You have experience with Automation
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have 2+ years of scripting/coding (Python, Java, Go etc)
The highly desirables:
- Previous experience in offensive security
- Knowledge of security compliance standards and regulations including the GDPR/Data protection
Tide is the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. That’s not an unfounded boast – we have over 200,000 members (what we like to call our customers, over two percent market share, and have raised over £120m in funding.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data-driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
Here's what we think about diversity and inclusion….
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, and religions. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.