“How I funded my different businesses” with serial entrepreneur and Tide Founder, George Bevis
Welcome to our Masterclass series dedicated to helping small business owners learn about some funding options available to get their businesses off the ground*. We have invited experts to share their top tips and answer your questions during recorded live events.
In this first episode, we are joined by Tide’s Founder, George Bevis. He’ll talk about his business journey and how he raised funds for his different companies.
This Masterclass took place on 19th May 2022. If you couldn’t join us on the day or you’d like to listen again, you can catch the recording on our Youtube channel and below!
Tide masterclass: “How I funded my different businesses”
For this Masterclass, Valentine from our team is joined by Tide’s Founder, George Bevis.
Here’s what they discussed:
- George’s career and the different businesses he raised money for
- What should business owners expect when raising money
- George’s most memorable moments and his learnings on raising money
- Investment mistakes and how to spot them in advance
3 things George recommends doing to be investor ready
- Understand your unit economics
- Ideally, you want a business that you can expect over the lifetime of a customer a growth margin of 3 times what it cost to win a customer
- Have a presentation that looks great
- Investors look at a lot of presentations it matters that yours looks professional and well put together. If you can, outsource it to a graphic designer
- Make sure your number for potential future valuation is big
- Equity investors want to understand how big you expect your business to become
Our other events
Tide’s mission is to help small businesses. We make your financial admin easier so you can spend more time doing what you love. Our events are just one of the ways we support you and your small business.
In the sessions – currently happening online – we gather experts, often Tide members themselves, to share insights and practical advice you can put into action straight away.
To find out about upcoming events and the next episodes of the series, take a look at our list of events.
You can listen again to these live events:
- Your step-by-step guide to mastering your cash flow – Ep 5 (Tide Masterclass)
- Your step-by-step guide to mastering your cash flow – Ep 4 (Tide Masterclass)
- Your step-by-step guide to mastering your cash flow – Ep 3 (Tide Masterclass)
- Your step-by-step guide to mastering your cash flow – Ep 2 (Tide Masterclass)
- Your step-by-step guide to mastering your cash flow – Ep 1 (Tide Masterclass)
Have your say
*You should seek independent financial advice before making any decisions about your financial future, including before entering into loans or purchasing any credit products advertised by Tide.