Meet the Hacker: How to protect your business (Tide Masterclass)
October is Security Awareness Month! For this special occasion, we put together a Tide Masterclass dedicated to helping you keep your business secure. We invited James Moore, professional hacker and Founder of Culture AI, to teach you the best ways to protect your business against cyber attacks.
James Moore is the CEO and Founder of Culture AI, an organisation that helps companies build a security culture so their workforce can consistently make good security decisions.
This Masterclass took place on 20th October 2021. If you couldn’t join us on the day or you’d like to listen again, you can catch the recording on our Youtube channel or below!
Tide Masterclass hosted by a professional Hacker: How to protect your business
For this Masterclass, Shak, our Security Culture and Awareness Analyst is joined by James Moore, the CEO and Founder of Culture AI.
Here’s what they discussed:
- Why SMEs don’t need to be targeted to be badly affected by cyber attacks
- The most frequent type of attacks that affect small businesses
- The best steps small businesses can take to stay secure
- Raise awareness
➡️ Run email phishing simulations and share training if people click on the email
➡️ Have employees complete short security awareness modules regularly
- Improve password hygiene
➡️ Use long passwords to reduce the chance of a password being cracked
➡️ Avoid re-using the same password for different websites & accounts
➡️ Consider using a password manager & use multi-factor authentication where possible
- Use anti-virus software
➡️ Make sure anti-virus software is installed on all PC & Mac devices
➡️ Make sure all software is kept up to date to ensure users have the latest version
Our other events
Tide’s mission is to help small businesses. We make your financial admin easier so you can spend more time doing what you love. Our events are just one of the ways we support you and your small business.
In the sessions – currently happening online – we gather experts, often Tide members themselves, to share insights and practical advice you can put into action straight away.
To find out about upcoming events and the next episodes of the series, take a look at our list of events.
You can listen again to these live events:
- Your step-by-step guide to mastering your cash flow – Ep 2 (Tide Masterclass)
- Your step-by-step guide to mastering your cash flow – Ep 1 (Tide Masterclass)
- Listen again: How to manage your growing team – A guide on efficiency and useful tools (Tide Masterclass)
- Listen again: A conversation about mental health with High Definition You (Instagram Live)
- Listen again: A conversation about reopening with The London Refinery (Instagram Live)