Business Development Executive – Permanent
As a Business Development Executive you’ll be entrepreneurial, target oriented and passionate about helping small businesses. Working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment will excite you along with an interest in the fintech industry and all that we are doing to save small business owners time and money. You’ll be target focused and confident at handling objections to achieve your revenue goals. You’ll also have an excellent telephone manner, will be outgoing and thrive working in a close-knit team. You’ll possess excellent commercial awareness, constantly seeking new opportunities to generate revenue, and will be happy in a field sales role approaching prospects in person. Passion, drive and enthusiasm are a must.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be calling potential members that have downloaded the Tide app but sometimes, as life gets in the way, they have not signed up. Your job is to chase them.
- You will walk these potential members through our signup process, answer their questions and use your persuasion skills to reassure them that we are the best and convert them into full fledged Tide Members!
- You’ll work with the KYC team to ensure that the members have provided all the correct documentation and will troubleshoot any issues that come their way. For this reason, you’ll need to be technically minded.
- You’ll call our existing members, build rapport with them, understand their businesses and will upsell relevant products or services to help them thrive
- You’ll work cross-functionally with other departments to understand upcoming product launches and ensure that you can pitch these to our members
- You’ll source your own leads that you identify as having potential to generate revenue
- You’ll get to know these leads/prospective members, and how their businesses plan to operate and will recommend relevant products and services to help them thrive. You’ll be entirely comfortable with cold calls, cold emails and cold outreach, and will not need extensive coaching on this.
- You’ll spend time coaching them through the setup process, and will support wherever needed; giving them a 5 star service as you welcome them to Tide
3) Face to face sales:
- You’ll be comfortable working unusual hours and in a variety of locations.
- You'll sometimes be field sales focused, traveling around London and other cities (often alone) to represent Tide at industry events.
- You’ll go out and about identifying prospects who may be suitable for Tide, approaching them and pitching our product in person.
- Aspects of the role may be similar to face to face prospecting.
- You’ll support our partners onboard members from their site which can be multiple locations.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and target related bonus
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Are passionate, driven, have a can do attitude and positive!
- You have previous financial services telesales experience, and demonstrable success working towards a revenue target
- You have experience using Zendesk or similar CRM systems
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment that is incredibly target oriented
- You have an excellent telephone manner and objection handling skills
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English
- You are confident and outgoing
- You are Incredibly self motivated and conscientious, wanting to make a real difference to the business
- You are comfortable taking ad-hoc tasks to support other business areas, such as the KYC or Member Support teams
- You possess some knowledge of Compliance, KYC, AML and associated regulations
- You have the ability to listen, learn and adapt to feedback and love working in a close-knit team
- You are data driven, comfortable analysing data and acting on it to improve conversion rates
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.