Business Services Team Leader
Department: Member Support
As a Business Services Team Leader, your focus will be to own, develop and maintain the relationship between your team and members. Confident and precise management is paramount to making this team succeed even further, by improving its current performance. You will need to create a cohesive vision and structure in order to provide outstanding service and high satisfaction to our members. This task would require not only leading your team of agents in a measured and productive way, but also inspiring them to promote an effective relationship with our members. Your goals include but are not limited to building and maintaining a relationship with Tide’s product owners and operations manager for the business area. This aspect would require excellent social and communication skills, ability to adapt to changes and work with other areas of the business. Ensuring a smooth relationship between your team and other departments is imperative. As a Business Services Team Leader, you will be directly responsible for the performance of your team and the achievement of their targets.
A deep understanding of the market and the services currently available at Tide would need to be developed for this role. This would be an on-going process as we seek to provide a truly outstanding experience and exceptional service to our members.
Our main mission is to help our members save time and assist them in running their business. As one team, you will rely on data to discover, create and deliver what is best for these members. A solid part of this process is reviewing, monitoring and challenging KPI data in order to identify shortfalls in the service and implement improvement action plans and new processes.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Day to day management of Level 2 agents – at times assisting them with more complicated cases and providing guidance where necessary.
- Ensuring all relevant updates are communicated in a timely manner, including daily updates.
- Liaising and being up to date with product owners about upcoming releases, where timeframes need to be set in order to meet expectations.
- Mentoring your team, monitoring their progress, goals, and removing blockers that prevent optimal performance. Providing guidance and support to agents with their long-term career journey at Tide.
- Reporting, analysing data, spotting membership opportunities, improving processes and work practices.
- Using data to identify possible upsell opportunities, which could increase feature usage and revenue generation.
- Schedule creation and organisation, a variety of planning tasks.
- Liaising between different departments and leads of other teams – coordinating across different business areas to achieve a common goal.
- Participation in the recruitment process and acquisition of new account management staff.
- Promote a dialogue between the team and members to understand feature utilisation, and potential needs and requirements of these businesses so that we remain ahead of their needs and remain competitive within the market.
- Demonstrating hands on approach and can do attitude
You will be a great fit if:
- You have spent at least three years in a leadership role within customer support.
- You have previous experience in leading a team and managing people.
- You are organised, pragmatic and capable of leading an interdisciplinary team; we are after someone who is not afraid to take the initiative and remove any blockers wherever necessary. Our goal is to provide a quality leading industry service and assistance to our members that leaves them delighted.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change, and processes may need to be created from scratch.
- You have excellent communication skills and a positive goal-oriented attitude.
- You have adept command of the English language, both written and verbal – C1/C2 level.
- You are able to detect patterns, recognize opportunities for change and improvement of processes or established work practices.
- You are familiar with Zendesk, traditional banking and the fintech industry would be considered a plus.
- You have a good understanding and grasp of the current market and competitors would be considered beneficial.
- You have previous experience in working with various corporate customers would be desirable.
We are the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We are also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest growing fintechs in the UK.
We are scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We are also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.