Customer Service Team Lead
Department: Member Support
As any leadership position, Team Leaders at Tide are instrumental in making sure everything runs smoothly from a Member Support perspective. It's an exciting role that will require a jack of all trades approach and a strong ownership mindset. You'll have a dynamic variety of tasks on a day-to-day basis and face challenges that often require a unique solution.
Your main task as the name suggests, will be naturally to lead and manage your team of agents. This aspect would require excellent social skills and solid communication abilities. You will be directly responsible for the performance of your team and the successful completion of their targets. As a start-up, Tide is full of energetic people willing to grow and exceed expectations. Perseverance and hard work are values we strongly believe in. At the same time, this comes with the realization that teamwork and camaraderie are essential. Leadership comes from within – by giving example, providing motivation and unity.
Member Support is the frontline of Tide – this is the place where everything critical happens. As you and your team deal with members and their queries, you will gain a valuable, keen understanding and knowledge of their needs. This is crucial information which can be used to optimise our department and organisation as a whole.
Our main mission is to help our members save time and assist them in running their business smoothly. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what's best for our members. A solid part of this process is reviewing, monitoring and challenging KPI data to identify shortfalls in the service and implement processes for improvement.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Management of agents and all aspects related to that task – assisting them with difficult cases and providing guidance where necessary.
- Assigning tasks including daily organisation of the workload.
- Mentoring of employees, monitoring their progress, goals, and removing blockers that prevent them from performing well. Providing guidance and support to agents with their long-term career journey at Tide.
- Reporting, analysing data, spotting patterns, improving processes and work practices.
- Schedule creation and organisation, a variety of planning tasks.
- Liaison between different departments and team leads of other teams – coordinating across different business areas to achieve a common goal.
- Participation in the recruitment process and acquisition of new staff in Member Support.
- Assistance with escalated queries from members which require a more hands on approach and attention to detail.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve spent at least three years in a job with customer service experience.
- You have previous experience in leading a team and managing people.
- You’re organised, pragmatic and capable of leading an interdisciplinary team; we’re after someone who’s not afraid to take the initiative and remove any blockers wherever necessary. Our goal is to provide a quality leading industry service and assistance to our members that leaves them delighted.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch.
- You have excellent communication skills and a positive goal-oriented attitude.
- You have adept command of the English language, both written and verbal – C1/C2 level.
- Ability to detect patterns, recognize opportunities for change and improvement of processes or established work practices.
- Familiarity with Zendesk, traditional banking and the fintech industry would be considered a plus.
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Health and Dental Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical well-being
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible working options.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.