Enterprise Risk Manager
Department: Risk, Compliance and Information Security
As an Enterprise Risk Manager, you’ll be a vital member of Tide’s Compliance team. You’ll be driving Tide’s Risk Culture globally, liaising with multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure the Compliance Team's complete visibility of the business’ risk exposure.
You will lead the implementation and be responsible for maintaining new risk controls and processes to ensure they remain effective. You will discuss strategies around Risk Appetite and Tolerance levels and metrics for monitoring.
You’ll play a vital role in Tide’s Risk Management framework, ensuring our risk processes are aligned with industry best practices and the latest regulatory guidance. You’ll frequently interact with other Compliance team professionals who drive Regulatory & Conduct Risks initiatives to ensure Risk controls can support them. This also applies to the broader Risk & Compliance department, other risk classes and our Product Teams as well.
At Tide, you’ll be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom, and the ability to impact the way Tide conducts its business.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Supporting Tide’s Compliance Lead, the VP Risk & Compliance and the Risk and Compliance Committee (RCC).
- Maintaining Tide’s risk register updated with respective risk areas, ensuring all risks are properly identified, managed and taking all applicable remediation actions.
- Actively work on Tide’s Risk Management Framework, implementing and tracking risk controls.
- Participate in discussions about new risks, Risk Scores, Risk Tolerance, Appetite levels, and KRIs.
- Ensure the Risk Register, Tide’s control library, and product risk assessments are fully consistent.
- Coordinate completion of Risk Assessments for new products and services.
- Engage with other teams to collect and prepare global MI to be provided to internal or external stakeholders, including Tide’s RCC.
- Actively engage with business heads and leads across Tide to ensure the above actions are completed and that the proper risk culture is embedded across Tide.
- Provide assistance with setting a global approach towards Enterprise Risk Management and monitoring Tide’s global risk exposure.
- Track completion of any risk-specific action identified and raised as an internal finding.
- Liaisoning point for our partners and stakeholders with oversight requests.
- Keeping policies across the business up to date regarding risk concepts and principles based on industry best practices and tracking where refreshers are required.
- Assisting in the compliance monitoring plan execution, being responsible for the monitoring and actions, or engaging others where necessary.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- You have a minimum of 6 years of work experience in a Compliance/Risk Management role.
- You are familiar with industry best practices in relation to Enterprise Risk Management and Risk Management Frameworks, such as ISO31000 and ISO 37301.
- You have a vast knowledge of risk management actions, controls and principles.
- You are familiar with setting and tracking Risk Tolerance, Appetite levels and KRIs.
- You have prior experience working in a FinTech organisation.
- You have a can-do, firm and proactive attitude.
- You are highly organised and can prioritise workload working to tight deadlines.
- You have previous experience in dealing with key stakeholders and working closely with business units to get projects done.
- You have previous experience in driving procedures change and embedding the right risk culture.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies serving around 7% of all UK SMEs. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionising business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.