Apprentice Finance Accountant
As our Apprentice Finance Accountant you will be joining a dynamic, ambitious and collaborative Finance team to learn about our financial processes, systems and accounting concepts. You will be involved with processing supplier invoices, processing employee expense claims, communicating with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers and having hands on experience of our accounts payable payments process. You will be working closely with our Assistant Financial Accountant, who will be on hand to support, teach, and mentor you.
Alongside the day to day role at Tide, you’ll be offered time off work to study towards a professional finance qualification (Association of Accounting Technicians, AAT). You will learn all of the theory and technical know-how to be successful in the role and you’ll then have the opportunity to bring it back and apply it to real-life situations. A Finance qualification can be the foundation of a rewarding and varied career, and offer you many different routes to future success.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Retrieving and coding supplier invoices
- Updating supplier contact details and sending remittance advices
- Verifying supplier details
- Processing employee expense claims
- Updating internal trackers for receipts and payments
- Communicating with external third parties and suppliers on payments, responding to their queries in a professional, working manner
- Communicating with internal Tide queries relating to payments and expenses
- Bank reconciliation assistance
- Supporting the Assistant Financial Accountant and Financial Accountant on finance related tasks
- Supporting on projects to improve the financial processes and controls in the team
What you’ll get in return:
- Access to the Apprenticeship scheme and opportunity to undertake an AAT Finance qualification
- High calibre on the job training from an exciting, rapidly growing fintech
- Gain the experience, skills and training to kick start your career in Finance in an inclusive and supportive culture
- 20% off the job learning hours for you to develop your studies and achieve a recognised accountancy qualification, Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ for pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have five GCSE grades A* – C* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- You have grade B or 5 at GCSE Maths
- You have a Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
- You have an excellent attitude and willingness to acquire new knowledge and skills
- You are ambitious and want to build a career in Finance
- You are committed to an AAT qualification and can dedicate the time and additional workload necessary to successfully completing the qualification
- You are personable, collaborative and a team player
- You have a professional working manner
- You are able to work to deadlines and to work in a diligent, timely manner
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Bulgaria and India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.