Head of Developer Experience
As Head of Developer Experience at Tide, you’ll be responsible for providing our engineers with tools and technology that allows them to work quickly, independently and smoothly. Our mission is that no developer should ever have to rely on another person or team to be able to deliver their work into production. You’ll have ultimate responsibility for how we deliver that goal.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Building out Tide’s Developer Experience function across three engineering centres globally
- Working with engineers, coaches and product owners to design and build a world-class CI/CD pipeline that allows Tide to verify security, quality, compliance and more – all in a pipeline
- Own the delivery of Tide’s deployment tooling to ensure that engineers are always able to deploy to production within minutes
- Ensuring that engineering teams are able to configure and provision their own cloud infrastructure in a way that is secure, performant, compliant and highly available
- Eliminating the need for engineers to make ad-hoc requests to the Cloud Engineering team by scoping out and driving the development of new tooling
- Setting up monitoring and alerting defaults so developers will always see what happens, or doesn’t, when their code is run
- Advocating for Tide’s next generation of developer tools, building communities of practice around topics like feature toggles, observability, contract testing and more.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family medical insurance
- Life & Accidental insurance
- 25 days annual leaves
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- We invest in your development with a 20,000 professional L&D budget per year
- Flexible work hours
- Stock Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’re a continuous delivery advocate, understanding the benefits it brings as well as the challenges
- You understand that pipelines are a platform for delivering value and consider them to be just as important as the production environment
- You are a great proponent of “You build it, you run it”, but understand that it’s not just a matter of handing over the keys
- You’re happy working across timezones (but will have a team close to home)
- You have really good experience with AWS and you don’t mind diving deep into whatever technology is best for the situation
- You’re able to go deep technically but understand that people are as much a part of the solution as technology is
- You want to define a strategy and effect genuine organisational change
- You are not afraid to go deep into the code when necessary and are happy to code from time to time, in particular in building ‘code cookbooks’
- You can help us build out automated governance in our CI and CD pipelines
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.