IT Enablement Engineer
Reporting to the Head of IT and InfraOps, you will be a support focused engineer and will have a background in IT Systems and cloud native administration, with a good knowledge of Zero Trust principles. You’ll also be entrepreneurial and have the ability to work with a talented global team of engineers while demonstrating an appetite to gain good technical competency and ensuring that the highest levels of system availability, performance and security are met.
As an IT Enablement Engineer, you’ll be administering and maintaining IT cloud Infrastructure related technologies within Tide, while also providing 1st/2nd line support functions for the service desk and support teams.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Administering Tide’s Corporate IT and Infrastructure tech stack, managing current technologies, improving existing practices, integrating the multiples of SaaS applications with Tide systems
- You will maintain the reliability of the macOS and Microsoft Windows platforms with rigorous testing of new releases, deployment workflows, and software updates
- You will work to scale our Mobile Device Management platforms to support fast-moving teams in a fast-paced environment while helping end users get the most out of their macOS and Windows devices
- Providing 1st/2nd line systems and application level support to end users
- Troubleshooting problems, answer questions and provide training on IT Systems to end users
- Identifying, testing, and implementing workarounds for reported issues
- Assist in the maintenance and rollout of new applications and their integrations
- Document procedures, policies, technical instructions and security practices
- Identifying and automating repeated tasks
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we’ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have knowledge of MDM tools, notably JAMF Cloud and Microsoft Modern endpoint management tools (Intune)
- You have experience or knowledge based around next generation security tooling defined around Zero Trust
- You have an understanding of administering networks and the security tooling around it
- Some knowledge or interest around scripting skills in one or all of Bash, Python and Powershell
- Excellent customer focus and a can do attitude
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean.
A note on the future of work at Tide:
Tide’s offices are beginning to open for Tideans to return on a voluntary basis. Timelines for reopening will be unique for each region and will be based on region-specific guidelines. The health and well-being of Tideans and candidates is our primary concern, therefore, for the foreseeable future, we have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted via Zoom.
Once offices are fully open, Tideans will be able to choose to work from the office or remotely, with the requirement that they visit the office or participate in face-to-face team activities several times per month.